Thursday, June 5

Grandparents

Many grandparents are very special people and deserve a lot of credit. My parents are no exception. Not only have they loved me and raised me into the woman I am today, they also love my husband and my children. They deserve a huge medal, at least a million dollars, and so much more for all they do for us. They have helped us in so many ways. Constantly providing babysitting, meals, company, friendship, and much more! They put up with throw up, poopie diapers, whining, and the same cartoons over and over. They provide hugs, kisses, cuddle time, horsie rides, walks in the heat, cookies, park adventures, and car rides. They have also helped us out at times by doing our laundry, dishes, meals, housework, yardwork, and more. They never complain and they often times do these things without even asking what we need help with. It's wonderful to see people love your children the way my parents do. I wish there was something we could do for them to thank them for everything, but it never seems like it is enough! I want everyone to know just how great they are though. It is truly so sweet to watch my parents love my children. I love the way Kaden laughs with Granddad, and begs to go with Ya Ya when she leaves our house. I love that we can trust them with our kids when we are not around. I love that Kade always thinks about and talks about them and wants to see them. I look forward to Mary-Kate sharing that same love with them. Basically, they are wonderful people, and we are blessed beyond belief because of them!















Here is a little poem that I found by Jill Eisnaugle.

Grandparents touch a special place
Where fondness remains true
Filling our precious lives with grace
To last a lifetime through
Their strong hands are soft and tender
Nurturing is their creed
And their hearts are meant to render
More love than one could need.



Grandparents take the time to hear
The dreams their loved ones share
They laugh and sometimes, wipe a tear
To show how much they care
Their empathy is made to last
Under God’s sacred plan
No length could be too small or vast
For their kindness to span.



Grandparents form a special bond
No one can ever break
Their adoration lasts beyond
The earthen steps we take
A breath of hope; a staunch ally
Indeed, our lives are blessed
There is no way one could deny
Grandparents are the best!

4 comments:

Donna & Ellie said...

What a blessing you have :)

As For Me and My House said...

I love this posting! What an honor to your wonderful parents. I loved "seeing" them again too! The relationship between a child and their grandparent is sooooo special! Tell them hi for us!

Alyson Sandlin said...

So sweet! I love grandparents, too! John Curtis has been with his this last week. It is such a blessing to be able to leave them and know they are well cared for and loved. They actually get more attention with the grandparents than they do at home!

Kaycee said...

Aw! You are so sweet. They have raised a great girl :)