Wednesday, June 4

Some Updates...

Just wanted to take some time to share some new updates in our family!

~KADEN~

Kade is now officially without his pacifier. (Yes we are those terrible parents that let their kid have a paci at this age.) He was only using it for naps and bedtime, and hardly even then, but now we are officially done! Sunday when he woke up from his nap I was looking at his paci and he had bit a huge hole in it. I have been getting onto him for chewing on it lately, so I guess he chewed the big hole in it. Considering it was a major choking hazard, and the fact that I have told him not to do that, I told him he needed to throw it away. Low and behold, he did! He went and threw it in the trash and I thought about how perfect it would be to use this as an opportunity to get rid of it for good. That night at bedtime he asked for it and Bryan simply told him that he had thrown it in the trash and that paci's were only for babies anyway. Big boys don't use them! He whined and fussed a little, but then he stayed in bed and went right to sleep! I was so excited! I was worried about nap time, but it was also a very positive experience. He barely whined for it. The 2nd day was surprisingly harder. He cried a lot for it, but he is better now. He still asks for it whenever he goes to lay down, but he does not throw a big fit anymore.
Kade is also learning his colors. He is really good at identifying red, blue, and yellow. If he is not sure about it, it is blue by default! Lol! He also knows almost the entire alphabet. He loves to read signs as we drive by, or words on tv. He can tell you what almost every letter is, although he gets his X's and K's, and M's and W's confused!

~Mary-Kate~

Mary-Kate is officially 1 month old now! She had her 1 month appt today and boy is that girl big! She had gained over another pound and weighed in at 11lbs 12.5 oz. That put her above the 95% for her weight. She was also 22.5" long putting her at the 90% for height. It is so relieving to know that she is getting all that she needs through nursing and that she is thriving! I love how cute and cuddly she is. I am a big fan of the chubby cheeks and thighs! She is also doing really well holding her head up, turning to find where a sound is coming from, studying your face, and following a toy or hand when you move it around in front of her face. My favorite thing that she is already doing, is smiling. She has the prettiest and biggest smile I have ever seen on a newborn. I can't believe she is doing it this early!


Both of our kids bring us such joy! It is wonderful to watch them learn and thrive! I also wanted to share these pictures I took of them the past few days!


Kade loves to hold MK like this.



Notice Kade had to get Woody in the picture. He takes that doll everywhere nowadays!



This was his first night without his paci. Of course I had to sneak in there and take a few snapshots!


He sure does love that Woody doll! They eat, sleep, and play together! He also goes everywhere we go in the car!


Tummy Time!


Kade loves talking to MK! She loves looking at and listening to him!


Makes my heart melt!







Kade had to lay on the boppy just like MK, and he kept saying, "pic [picture], cheese! pic, cheese!"

5 comments:

Ashley said...

AWWW so cute! I love the close up of Kade and MK on the boppy. Great pic! Such sweet kids you have! Thanks for coming by today. It was great to see you! Love ya! Oh, and good boy Kade!! Woody takes place of paci! :)

Donna & Ellie said...

What PRECIOUS pictures! I love the updates because I miss you so much. I can't believe how adorable Kade and MK already are together. LOVE THE PICS!!!

Lara said...

Sooo Cute! It is amazing to me how much Kade and MK resemble eachother! There is nothing like the bond between siblings. Miss you!

Kaycee said...

They are adorable!! LOVE the pics. He seems so grown up, can you believe he is a big brother now :) Aww!!

As For Me and My House said...

I can not believe all the things Kade is already doing! Recognizing his letters? Wow! Benjamin isn't even interested.....You are doing such a great job with them! They are so happy! Love ya lots!