Ok, I don't really ever do this because I typically just talk about the kids on my blog, but I know that many of y'all have your own personal experience you can share, or have a vast array of knowledge about these things. I have been feeling pretty sick for a few months now off and on (not counting the 9 months before that, that I was sick) and I have been wondering if it is my gallbladder acting up. I figured that I could list my symptoms here and y'all could offer your opinions. Haha! I guess I am asking y'all to diagnose me! My Doctor's appt. is not until September 9th, so don't worry that I am not going to the doctor or anything. (Don't you love how they can't fit you in any sooner when you feel like dying). Bryan and I have been contemplating taking me to the ER and just getting some tests done to see if we can deal with it sooner, but I just don't know what to do. If I have another one of my "very severe" attacks I will just go in to the ER, but in the mean time I feel like I shouldn't go in unless I am "dying". What do you think? Acording to my symptoms, and since I am in a big amount of discomfort should I just go ahead and go in or should I wait until my scheduled appt. unless something major happens? Am I a baby if I go ahead and go in?
Here are some of my symptoms that I have off and on:
* Severe upper stomach pain and cramping. Sometimes sharp pain on the right side.
* Pain in the breastbone. Feels like something is lodged there.
* Difficulty breathing
* Nausea
* Chills and Fever
* Heartburn
* Burping
* Bloating
* Pain between shoulder blades
* Headache
* Back pain
These are the majority of my symptoms that I have had at one time or another. The severe stomach pain usually happens at night, as do the fever and chills. Does it sound like gallbladder to you?
4 comments:
Seriously, I know 4 friends/family who had issues with their gallbladder after pregnancy, one had her gallbladder actually rupture and had to have emergency surgery and your symptoms sound exactly like theirs, not to mention a quick check on google - classic symtpoms occur especially at night or after high fatty meals. Personally, I would not wait until your appt. I don't want to scare you but you don't want to wait and have it rupture. Keep us posted.
I'd say get it checked. That's a long list of symptoms..esp if they are recurring ones. Hope everything is okay!!
That does not sound good at all. I know you would hate to go to the ER, but I hope you can get that checked out soon!
(donna) I see nothing weak about taking that list of symptoms to the ER. Sept 9 is a ways away and what if the next attack is much worse? Please dont feel bad and know sometimes you just have to put YOU first!
Post a Comment