So tonight we went to a going away party for one of Bryan's coworkers. It was out at this guy's lakehouse which was nice. Kade enjoyed watching the boats drive by and the waves they created. He made me nervous with how close to the edge he stood. He seems to have no fear of the water. Thankfully Bryan works with some of the nicest people but it still felt awkward for me. I hardly know these people, and sometimes its weird to think that Bryan is with these people day in and day out. They tease him and talk to him with ease while I am sitting there trying to remember names. I enjoy watching Bryan interact with a group of people that I hardly know. I am a major people watcher (and Bryan tells some interesting stories about what really goes on at work) so it's fun to watch them and laugh on the inside! :o) Anyways, the reason that it felt awkward for me tonight is because Bryan was up walking around with Kade and keeping him out of the water while I was left to talk with these people I don't really know. Thank goodness I had Mary-Kate and she takes all the attention from me! She took the pressure off and I didn't worry so much about what everyone was thinking of me.
This brings me to my next point. I think it is hilarious how you can have a conversation with someone who never even talks to you. Bear with me here. I'm sure that anyone who has had a baby knows what I am talking about. This has happened to me twice today and it just made me smile and laugh. Here is an example of what I mean...
** Waiting in line to check out at Hobby Lobby.
A lady walks up behind me and starts admiring Mary-Kate.
Lady: Hi! What a pretty girl you are! Yeah! You are so pretty!
Me: Thank you!
Lady: I like your pink bow. You are so pretty! Your pink bow is so cute!
Me: Thanks.
Lady: What's your name sweet girl?
Me: Her name is Mary-Kate.
Lady: Hi Mary-Kate! What a pretty name you have. I like your name. Are you going to smile at me Mary-Kate? Aww, what a pretty smile. You know your name, huh Mary-Kate? (You get the point...We go to leave the store and the lady calls out after us.)
Lady: Bye Mary-Kate. It was nice meeting you!
Me: Bye! (Laughing in my head the whole way because I think, I just had a whole conversation with her and she never even acknowledged me! Hahaha! What do you do though? It's not like you can just ignore them. The baby certainly isn't answering their questions! Lol!)
2 comments:
LOL, that happens to me a lot at the checkout lines at Wal-Mart. Usually they remark how much Batman doesn't look like me. Thanks...
LOL! I hate when that happens!! I'm like..um, do I answer or does she think Cami will? haha!
Post a Comment