*KADE*
Kade has had a much better week this week. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us! I have seen more of the helpful, sweet, and clever Kade that I know. I love listening to his sweet voice as he is learning more words and communicating better. I know a lot of parents say it is annoying, but I can't get enough of the phrase, "whuts dat?" He asks it constantly and it's all I can do to not laugh at this very serious question as I answer him. The funniest part is that he has begun to argue with me if he doesn't like my answer. Here is a typical conversation from this week.
Kade: Whuts dat?
Me: A plane
Kade: No, a wan momer. (lawn mower)
Ne: No, it's a plane.
Kade: No, a wan momer.
Me: Well if you knew what it was, why did you ask me? (Trying not to laugh)
Kade: (Blank stare.)
Me: It's a plane Kade, and I won't argue with you anymore.
Kade: Wan momer!
Haha! I know it's not a good thing that he is arguing with me, but it just cracks me up that he thinks he knows better than I do. I can only imagine what our teenage years are going to look like!
He is doing really well with his letters and colors. He is also picking up on numbers and shapes. He is so smart and funny. Bryan and I are constantly laughing at the things he says. One of our favorite things he is saying lately is mimmi man (mini-van). Whenever we say Kade put your shoes on so we can get in the car, he says, "No, da mimmi man!!" Lol! That little stinker is very precise! I love all the laughing we do with Kade around. He is such a joy!!
Asking me about the flash that pops up on my camera.
*Mary-Kate*
Mary-Kate's personality has really been coming out lately. I am shocked at how different she already is from Kade. I like to call her my little spitfire girl, because that is exactly what she is. This little fireball is so full of emotion and passion. She can go from big smilies to pissed off screaming in one second! She doesn't have a gradual range of emotion. It's just *snap* she's feels different. (That might be a girl thing! ;o)) Kade could cry with the best of them, but it was always a process. He would be a little fussy, and then he would get a little louder, and so on until he was screaming his lungs out. MK seriously will be laughing at you, and then she just decides to start screaming. I love it! Although I can foresee difficult times ahead for us, I can see how her emotion and passion can serve her well in life. She is a fiesty thing with spark and enthusiasm. She watches Kade with smiles, and I know it won't be long before she is running after him and playing with him. I feel she will hold her own very well with him.
She is starting to develop some bad habits though. She is a big time pincher. No idea where that came from, but ow! She certainly has a grip. Seriously, she ripped off a mole I had on my chest until it was hanging by a thread. (I know, that's gross! It came all the way off by the end of the week.) She has also started sucking her thumb the past few days. We have noticed that when she wakes up at night she soothes herself back to sleep with it or her fingers. I'm glad she has it, but hope it doesn't become something difficult to give up later! I sucked my thumb for the longest time!
I can't wait to figure her out more and just enjoy her. My baby seems to be growing so fast! She is such a joy as well!
Stretching!
Sucking her thumb.
3 comments:
I love the lawn mower pronunciation! I love when they do that. MK just makes me smile whenever I see her pic.
(donna) I love all the cute details about their personalities. They get cuter every day - I can't get over it :) that last pic of mk is *awesome*!!!
Yep, they are smart cuties. I love reading about them. MK is such a doll. I still can't get over how much they look alike. Neither of my kids look alike.
Post a Comment