Wednesday, August 13

Just some updates...

The past few days and night have been hard. Poor Mary-Kate has experienced some of the "bad" firsts, like her first fever! Fortunately it was a mild one but she still looked and acted miserable. It was kind of cute how she looked just like Kade when he gets fevers; the red-rimmed eyes and puffy cheeks, but it still broke my heart. She was full of tears and screams and wasn't afraid to let us know she felt bad. She didn't sleep well at all last night, but finally dozed off after she threw up! Poor baby! If that wasn't enough, she cut her first two bottom teeth. Her gums are red and swollen and she is chewing on everything she can. I think it must be miserable to be a baby. So many hard things to endure. I also wanted to say that I know I posted that MK had already cut a tooth, but apparently she never did. I truly didn't mean to post anything false. I would never do that. If you look in her mouth it totally looks like she cut one and you can even feel the rough edge, but it never came through beyond that, so I guess it is actually a tooth bud. Anyways, I'm sorry. Please forgive me!

On a positive note. She is now rolling from tummy to back and back to tummy. It cracks me up, because I will lay her on her blanket to help Kade with something real fast and she is always laying on the opposite side or in the process of rolling when I get back. She is also trying real hard to sit up by herself. She can do it if her hips are supported in some way, but I know it won't be long before she is doing it on her on. Crazy girl!

Kade is doing great. He currently thinks that the Olympic theme song means fireworks are going to be on tv. Lol! Any time we sit down to watch the Olympics he runs in the room screaming "pire-wurks!" over and over! If I had known he loved them so much I would have saved our tivo recording of the opening ceremonies so he could watch the "pire-wurks" all the time. I am also blown away with him because I realized he was trying to write letters the other day. He has one of those mini magnadoodles that you write on, and he has been asking us to write things for him. After giggling and scribbling things that looked nothing like letters, I figured he wouldn't be copying anything for awhile. Next thing I know, Kade says, "S" and I look down and he had drawn an 'S'. I was so proud of him. The next day he said "C" and sure enough, he had written a 'C'. The next day he brought it to me again saying, "Ya Ya" (my mom) over and over. I look down and he had drawn a 'Y'. Kade then said, "Y! Ya Ya!" It was like he was telling me that Ya Ya began with 'Y'. I sometimes feel like he is so far behind other's his age, but I have learned to not worry about it and just enjoy the things he is learning and the way he is growing! Although this has been a hard age as far as defiance goes, it is a wonderful age to watch his mind work. He is so creative and fun and I think he is very smart. I love both of my kids so much and am very proud of them!

Here are a few pics of Mary-Kate sitting up with the help of the boppy. I tried to take some pics of Kade, but he is at the age where he was NOT having that! Lol! I have to bribe him with candy to get pictures now! :-)

Here is how she started out.



Here she is trying to sit herself up.



Looking oh so cute sitting there!



Playing with her feet!

5 comments:

London said...

Oh my goodness she is TOO CUTE, can I have her? Wow, Kaden is sooo smart!

Kaycee said...

She is super cute!! She's starting to look a tad like Bryan too. (I know moms hate to hear that..lol)

Thanks for all of the updates. It's amazing how quickly they grow!!

Lara said...

Kade is so super smart!!! I haven't even thought about introducing letters to Jacelyn yet! MK is of course adorable and I can't believe she's already trying to sit up! It seems like she was just born last week! lol

Anonymous said...

You have a gorgeous dd and a super smart son! Congrats. I love her outfit! Sariah is picking up letters, but can no way write them yet. If you want a glimps into Kades future - Naomi was writing at this age. You've got a smart kid on your hands.

Fullerton Family said...

Wow, how smart of Kaden! That's awesome! And MK is such a doll! I love her dark hair.