Sunday, September 28

Road Trip

We had a very busy Saturday. We were on the road a lot of the day. My Great Uncle Cliff passed away, and we went to his funeral in Coleman. He was 91 years old and had lived a very full life, but it was still sad. I know that he has eternal life now, but being here on earth makes that hard to understand sometimes. It's always good to see family and hear stories though. It's good to laugh at and swap old memories. One thing that cliff was known for was his love of candy. His daughters had the neatest candy bouquet made for his coffin. Ok, it's a little weird, but I thought it was nice how they could have fun in the midst of their sadness. Here is a pic.


After that we were only 45 minutes from Baird where Nana (Bryan's mom) lives. We took a detour and visited with her for a bit. We got to see her new house and eat dinner with her. Kade really enjoyed watching the trains outside her porch as they rounded the hill. There were 4 or 5 that went by the time we were there. We were thankful that she could have us on such short notice. Here are some pics from our time there.




Mr. Potato Head's glasses


Watching the train.




Daddy and MK

Play time


The next few pictures were of the wind towers outside of Abilene. I love these things and Kade did too. He was fascinated. They were so big and there were so many! They looked really cool in the sunset. The pics just don't do them justice!








Silly boy in the back!


I just leaned the camera back and took the pic since she is facing backwards. Not a bad shot!


The last few minutes of the trip she started screaming and crying. Thankfully our dvd player has two screens, so I put it back there for her to watch and it worked! She happily watched until we got home.


Just thought this was an interesting shot of the highway traffic on night mode.

3 comments:

Kaycee said...

Those are some really neat pictures! I NEED that dvd player! LOL!

I like the candy bouquet..it sort of lightens the mood. Sounds like he had a full life :)

Ashley said...

Those DVD players are such a life saver! Thanks for letting us borrow it when we travel!

Glad you could be there for your dad! I know it meant alot to him! :) I think the candy boquet is neat too! I'm sure he would have loved it!

Glad the kiddos got to spend some time with Nana too! I bet that meant so much to her and Bryan!!

Kris T said...

I'm sorry to hear about your great uncle, Janet. I'm glad you were able to visit with family in the midst of the grieving.