Wednesday, September 17

Today, well, technically Yesterday!

Today has been an interesting day. I haven't felt very good, (what's new?), and God has thrown another very difficult challenge into my life. I allowed my feelings to be a little hurt and I didn't understand why I had to struggle with "this thing". God reminded me that the things he has called me to will not always be easy. *sigh* I am glad he reminded me of that though. Although it's been hard at points today, God also took the time to bless me in a lot of ways. I'm so tired, and it's really late, but I figured I would post a couple of things while waiting for MK to go to sleep. She is currently in her bed gurgling and cooing and playing with her bumper! Lol! She was fading in Bryan's arms a minute ago, so hopefully she will drift off soon. I still don't understand why babies fight sleep so much. Oh, what I would give to get some extra sleep in!

Some of the highlights of my day:

* I figured out what was waking Kade up in the mornings and fixed it! This has provided me with extra sleep the past 3 mornings! Woo hoo! It's amazing what 30 extra minutes can do for you!

* My mom is truly amazing and I got to spend some time scrapbooking with her during the kids nap today. She is always entertaining fun and exciting ideas, so we got to brainstorm today about something cool coming up!

* Both of the kids woke up very cheerful from their naps. NO grumpies! Yay!

* I watched in growing amazement as my kids related to each other today. Kade shared toys and gave sweet kisses to MK. There was a point this evening that she started crying and he got up from his toys to come play peek-a-boo with her. He wanted to cheer her up, and it worked. It really made me happy. They simply adore each other.

* God impressed upon me the importance of silent time with Him tonight. I was challenged to eliminate some of the noise in my life and listen to Him more.

* I was blessed by the college kids at Bible study. I enjoy watching Bryan lead Bible study and interacting with those kids. They challenge and teach me things as well as crack me up! I love the kind of laughter that bubbles up from inside.

These are just some of the blessings God bestowed on me!
Here are some pics from our afternoon.

Playing together after nap!


He was telling me something about the color. I am so impressed with his new found verbal skills! I swear he never stops talking! :o)


Fascinated with what Brother is doing!


Sucking on that lower lip of hers.


Kade wanted MK to color too...uh, not happening!


This just cracked me up. She was way into the coloring thing!


Always doing something with her hands!

Ok, well it seems MK may have finally given it up. I am off to bed now! Hope everyone has a blessed day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Fullerton Family said...

Sounds like a fun day! I love that picture of MK watching Kade color, it is so sweet!!

London said...

Your kids are too cute together. I was at Bible study at a friends house yesterday, she has a little boy that is two and a 6 month old little girl. They remind me so much of your kiddos!

Deborah said...

Hope you got some sleep last night! I love seeing all the pictures of your kids and keeping up with y'alls life. Like I said, you inspired me.