Tuesday, September 30

We were robbed!!!!

I am freaking out right now, and have too much adrenaline surging through my body to go to sleep. We were robbed tonight! :o( Although there wasn't much of value stolen, I still feel so violated and frustrated! We were spending the evening watching the football game with my parents and didn't go home until late. I am so thankful we weren't there and that we are all ok. I think we will all be pretty tired tomorrow though. Our poor kids were so stimulated and neither wanted to go back to sleep. (We decided to stay at my parent's house tonight.) Gosh, I am just sitting here not even sure what to say. My mind is a jumbled mess. They broke the front door down and left out our back door. They focused on our bedroom, and must have been spooked, because all of our electronics in the living room were still there. I thank God that our video camera was still there because there is precious footage of the kids on there. The most expensive thing they took was Bryan's Ipod and the docking station/alarm clock. Our room was totally destroyed as they ransacked our drawers, boxes, and even pulled our mattress off. My guess was that they were looking for money, jewelry, and drugs. We found a jewelry box on the side of the house with a few things gone, but nothing of major value was taken. I am totally weirded out though, because as we left the house this evening, I actually went back in because I had forgotten to put on my wedding ring, and as we left I had this weird feeling that I needed to shut the blinds in case someone was looking to rob us. How crazy is that???

Ugh, I just feel sick. I don't understand how anyone can feel privileged to other people's stuff. Again, I am just very thankful that my family is ok. We hung out in the driveway while we waited for the police and my parent's to come. The kids were so good as we were waiting for the cops to search the house. Kade entertained MK and they were laughing about who knows what! The cops were very nice and really took their time to write things down. They even took Bryan's jewelry box to dust for fingerprints. I doubt anything comes from it, but it just makes me feel better that someone cared. They even said I could take pictures. (I explained that I was addicted to scrapbooking and blogging.) I keep re-living everything in my mind and wish I could stop. I just remember hearing Bryan say, "Someone is in our house," and my blood ran cold. I screamed at him to get in the car (we hadn't gotten the kids out yet, because we both had a bad feeling), and to get us out of there. I'm thinking sleep is out of the question for awhile, but I better try anyway. I have another Dr.'s appt. tomorrow morning since I am still not feeling well. I will post some of the pictures so y'all can see the mess they made.

The kids being so good while waiting!


Look at this mess!


They broke in even with it dead-bolted.


The frame is pretty damaged.


More mess!

12 comments:

London said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry that happened to y'all! Thank goodness you weren't home and no one was hurt.

Maria said...

Janet-
So glad you guys are all okay!

Lara said...

Oh wow! I'm so sorry Janet! I'm so thankful that you are all fine! That's just unbelievable! Thankfully ya'll weren't there, although they probably saw ya'll leave. It was probably just some kid looking for money or anything that they thought was cool (like the Ipod). I'm so glad they didn't get away with much! (((HUGS)))

Fullerton Family said...

Oh my goodness! How scary! I'm so glad you guys weren't at home and are safe!!

Kaycee said...

Oh my gosh Janet! That is heartbreaking! What a huge mess. I cannot believe how selfish and stupid people are. SO thankful you and your family are okay. I hope yall get it straightened out asap and that they find them!!

Deborah said...

It does sound like kids and they probably saw y'all leave so don't worry about anything when you're home. Professionals wouldn't have broken the door down! I'm glad they didn't get much. Do you have an alarm? If not pick up some door/window alarms you can stick up easily. I used them before our system was put in and it helped me sleep when Mike was in Iraq.

Stephanie said...

OMG! Janet! I am SO sorry. I can't IMAGINE how you feel. Out thoughts and prayers go out to you. I'm just glad you two and the kiddos are ok.

Amy said...

I am so sorry to hear that ya'll were robbed. That is very scary. I am glad that everyone is okay and that you were not there when it happened.

Donna/Ellie said...

OMG Janet I'm so sorry to hear that happened. It's happened to my family before so I totally know that awful, sick feeling of people being in your safe place, going through your stuff. You're right, there's so much to be thankful for though. I know it will take awhile to feel ok at night - hang in there - I'm praying they find the jerks so you can move on. I'm SO glad everyone's ok.

Anonymous said...

Janet- Your family is in my prayers. I am so happy everyone is ok but I couldn't imagine what you are going through.

Christine said...

OMG! Good grief! I'm so glad y'all are alright. Things like that make me so stinkin' angry. My sister's house got broken into and the idiot guy that robbed her wrote checks and tried to cash them at HER bank. Thankfully they caught him and I hope they catch whoever robbed you.

Anonymous said...

Janet - somehow I missed your blog about the robbery. What senseless damage, and I read what they took. Sounds like someone out for a thrill. I hope they catch him/them. *HUGS*